Sensei Institute offers the largest variety of earth-moving, lifting and agricultural machinery (Class G) in East Africa Region. We offer the best full time practical training in Plant Operator course that equips our students with hands-on skills to ensure that they stand out in the Construction industry.
Our Plant Operator Course is certified institute by National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA). Upon successful completion of the training, you will receive a fully endorsed license issued by NTSA specific to the machines you have trained in at no extra cost.
The following machinery are available for training in our Nakuru and Kitengela Campuses:
- Earth-moving machinery: Motor graders, Excavators, Motor Rollers, Backhoe Loaders, Track shovels, Bulldozers, Wheel shovels, Paver Machines and Dumpers
- Lifting Equipment: Cranes, Forklifts
- Agricultural Machinery: Farm Tractors
Sensei Institute allows you to choose the machines you are willing and interested to train in.
- Must be 18 years and above.
- Be in possession of a driver’s license with 2 photocopies.
NB: If you do not have a license we have a driving school from where you will begin. See below for details
- Standard Course: You will train in any 3 machines of your choice in 1 month. The training fee will be Ksh 68,000. Boarders pay an additional kshs 7,000 for food and accomodation. The training fee is inclusive of tuition fee and exam fee .First aid training will be offered and a certificate issued at no extra cost.
- Premium Course: You will train in any 6 machines of your choice in 2 months the fee will be Ksh 104,000 for day scholars and Ksh 118,000 for boarders. The fee is inclusive of tuition fee and exam fee. First aid training will be offered and a certificate issued at no extra cost.
Intakes: Direct at the beginning of every month
Which colleges offer plant operator courses in Kenya?
The best college to learn Plant Operator is Sensei Institute of Technology
How much is an excavator operator paid in Kenya?
Excavator operator in Kenya earns good salary plus allowances
Plant Operator Course Requirements
- ID and two copies of the same.
- Driver’s License (If you have one) and 2 copies of the same
- Passport photos
- Training Boots
- Boarders to carry blankets, bed-sheets, Toiletries, Bucket, Plate, Cup, Spoon etc.
For those without driving licences & want to do plant operator course – If you don’t have a driver’s license: You will enroll in our driving school for 1 month then proceed to Plant Operator.
We offer driving school in Class B1 (Small Saloon Cars) or Class C1 (Light Trucks). Our driving school is a full month and costs kshs 19,500. Boarders pay an additional kshs 7,000 for meals and accomodation
The total fee for combined Standard Course with driving school costs are Ksh 43,750 per Month . Boarders pay an additional kshs 7,000 for food and accommodation Per Month.
Duration: 2 Months (1 month driving, 1 month Plant operator)
Total Combined fee for Premium Course with driving school costs are Ksh 41,167 per Month. Boarders pay an additional fee of Kshs 7,000 per Month for food & accommodation
Duration: 3 Months (1 month driving, 2 months Plant operator) This fee is inclusive of tuition fee and exam fee.
What Does a Plant Operator Do?
A plant operator oversees the day-to-day operations of a earthmoving machines and lifting equipment’s. As a plant operator, you will learn how to operate different types of machinery and equipment from a control room.
What is a plant operator salary in Kenya?
Plant Operators in Kenya earn good salaries when working on various projects.
How long is plant operator course in Kenya?
|Number of machines
|If you have a driving license
|If you do not have a driving license
|If you have a driving license
|If you don’t have a driving license