Spray Painting & Panel Beating Course in Kenya
Sensei School of Mechanics is now offering Spray painting and Panel Beating Course in Kenya. Panel beating is the skill and craft of repairing a car’s body using techniques such as metal work, welding, planishing and putty filling. Spray painting is the technique where a device sprays a coating material either paint, ink, varnish etc on a vehicle
How panel beating is done?
When accidents happen a car can be damaged and this is how panel beating is done
- Metal stretching – this is the procedure is stretching a metal back to shape. A shrink hammer is used to beat the metal all while another tool called a dolly is laid back on the panel to give it shape.
- Welding – This is the next process that is sometimes necessary, especially when two pieces of metal need to be joined together. Welding done during panel beating is usually localized and is done by either arc welding or using oxyacetylene flame.
- Putty fillers – this is done to fill small dents and holes.
- Panel sanding – this is for smoothing of the surface and preparation for the next paint job.
- Spray painting – After a successful panel beating, the final step is usually spray painting. Spray painting should be done in a uniform way with the previous coat. This is to eliminate the chance of uneven colorization of the surface.
What skills do you need to be a panel beater?
- Have the knowledge of car mechanics.
- Have skills for bodywork and frame repair skills.
- Knowledgeable on vehicle painting and spraying skills.
- Possess good manual skills, accuracy and precision.
What is the difference between a panel beater and a mechanic?
Is panel beater the same as a mechanic? You may ask, Below are the major differences
Issues mechanics resolve:
- Engine noises and other strange sounds.
- The replacement of parts, such as the clutch or gearbox.
- Malfunctioning air systems.
- Misfiring spark plugs.
Issues panel beaters resolve:
- Removing or smoothing out bumps, dents, and general crinkles.
- Replacing damaged body parts and welding replacements in their place.
- Straightening bent frames.
- Aligning damaged frames, body sections, and unit bodies.
Where can one learn spray painting and panel beating in Kenya?
Join Sensei College and train Spray Painting and Panel Beating in Kenya with the best